Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Social Entrepreneurship in Educational Technology: Developing a Business Plan
Learn from experts how to develop a killer EdTech business plan
A strong business plan will help you effectively communicate the strategy for starting your business, and act as your guide to success.
This course will help you prepare to launch your EdTech idea by developing an effective and comprehensive business plan.
You’ll draw on real-life experiences from successful entrepreneurs and see detailed business plans in action, that you can apply to your own endeavours.
You’ll also explore the ethos of social entrepreneurship, and how to create sustainable technology solutions for a positive impact.
Understand the various elements of a pitch presentation
You’ll examine the different components that make up an effective pitch presentation, giving you a better chance of securing funding.
You’ll learn formatting techniques as well as the crucial information you’ll need to include to successfully pitch your ideas to potential investors.
Examine funding for startups
Most startups need external funding to succeed. You’ll gain an insight into a variety of financial opportunities to explore which can help you launch your venture.
By the end of the course, you’ll have the confidence to pitch your business ideas to potential investors, helping you secure funding for your startup.
This course is part of the ‘How to Start an EdTech Business’ ExpertTrack, a comprehensive look into launching a venture in educational technology.
- Key elements of a business plan
- Pitch deck when communicating a business idea to potential investors and funders
- Develop a business plan and pitch deck
- Learn to concisely communicate a business’ value proposition, market opportunity, and revenue potential.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop a business plan for the idea, including a pitch presentation to potential investors.
- Reflect on the ethos of social entrepreneurship to create sustainable and impactful technology solutions in education.
Who is the course for?
This introductory-level course is for anyone interested in launching an EdTech startup venture. You don’t need any prior experience as you’ll learn all the skills and strategies you need to succeed.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends