Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Software Development Fundamentals: Project Management
This software development course is designed to give you a foundation in the key concepts in development, to help you succeed in digital technology roles.
You’ll be prepared to enter a career in tech or development with a strong skillset and an understanding of what the job will entail.
Get to grips with the basics of software development
You’ll be introduced to the high level concepts and terms that are involved in software development, including a range of software development terms and the key features of the planning process. You’ll analyse the necessary processes and outputs that provide meaningful requirements.
Explore Agile approaches and frameworks
Project management is a huge part of the software development process, and of any digital technology career. It can be defined as the process of applying processes and principles to plan and manage how initiatives are introduced and implemented within any organisation.
You’ll learn how to define the software development process, compare Agile and Waterfall approaches and become more familiar with common Agile frameworks. A strong understanding of Agile and its benefits will prepare you for work in the majority of tech companies, which often rely on Agile and scrums to make ongoing improvements to their product.
Grow your knowledge of personas and user stories
You’ll also explore how to improve user experience (UX), by exploring the requirements gathering and planning processes, including the use of personas and user stories.
By the end of this course, you’ll have a good understanding of two popular project management approaches, and common approaches to improving user experience.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Define the software development process
- Compare Agile vs Waterfall approaches to project management
- Describe common Agile frameworks
- Investigate the requirements gathering and planning processes, including the use of personas and user stories
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack will grow your confidence in working with development teams and understand the challenges they face. It’s suitable for:
- Someone aiming to enter the digital sector
- Anyone looking to change careers into an entry-level role as a developer, or to establish foundations for a development career
- Established technology professionals looking to better understand software development and round out their skill set
- An entrepreneur with a business or product idea that needs some basic understanding of software development to assess the viability of their idea
In collaboration with
Endorsers and supporters
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.