Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Software Development Fundamentals: Web Accessibility and CSS
An understanding of web accessibility standards and CSS is fundamental to a career in software development. This introductory course will cover basic CSS styling elements, as well as testing and deployment practices for applications, so you can start working on development projects or add these stills to your CV.
Explore CSS applications in styling sheets
Build new skills in CSS, including a clear view of its purpose and application. You’ll then apply the theory to practical exercises to create simple markup for a prototype.
Being able to read and create styling elements means that you can adjust the rules that affect how HTML Is applied to a document, allowing you to define the layout across a website or application.
Understand the latest web accessibility requirements
Web accessibility guidelines are created to provide an international standard for web content accessibility that meets the needs of people, organisations, and governments. You’ll review common web accessibility guidelines, and find out how HTML can be used to meet them.
Build your knowledge of testing and deployment processes
Testing before deployment is essential to ensure that your application will work in real-world conditions. You’ll learn how to finalise an application via testing and deployment practices before putting it live. You’ll complete that knowledge with a review of how to maintain an application once it has gone live, leveraging cloud computing practices.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate the use of basic CSS styling elements
- Examine and compare testing methods
- Investigate approaches for deployment and maintenance
- Compare cloud service models
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack will grow your confidence in working with development teams and understand the challenges they face. It’s suitable for:
- Someone aiming to enter the digital sector
- Anyone looking to change careers into an entry-level role as a developer, or to establish foundations for a development career
- Established technology professionals looking to better understand software development and round out their skill set
- An entrepreneur with a business or product idea that needs some basic understanding of software development to assess the viability of their idea
In collaboration with
Endorsers and supporters
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends