- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Software Development with Python and Java: Introducing Java
Becoming a software developer requires you to confidently use programming languages such as Python and Java to design, build, and fix software.
This course is designed to build your existing Python knowledge and introduce you to Java and its applications within the development environment.
Expand your Python skills
In the second course in this Software Development with Python and Java ExpertTrack, you’ll explore how Python is used in relation to object-oriented programming principles.
You’ll also examine common Python libraries and how they’re applied within software development. These modules and exercises will build your confidence and skill with the programming language so you become comfortable using it within a professional context.
Learn about Java
Alongside Python, Java is another commonly used programming language extensively used in the software development industry.
You’ll gain an introduction to Java so that you can draw on more than one programming language for your work. You’ll learn the basics of how it works, and the variables, data types and operators, arrays, and control statements used within it.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Define object oriented programming in relation to Python
- Compare the application of common Python libraries
- Explore Java and how it works
- Clarify the variables, data types and operators, arrays and control statements used in Java
Who is the course for?
This course has been designed for people who would like to begin a career as a software developer and develop their relevant skills. This may include:
- Career starters or career changers looking for an entry-level role as a developer.
- Established technology professionals looking to better understand software development.
- Entrepreneurs with an idea for a new product or service who needs to understand at a high level how this could be translated into a finished digital good or service.
- Project, product or general managers, looking to gain hands-on experience developer activities.
Boost your software development career with this ExpertTrack on Python and Java