Weekly study2 hours
Step into Digital Technologies
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Prepare for your digital and IT career switch
Are you considering a move into the digital sector? With advertised roles in digital tech growing 36% in the UK since June 2020, now is a great time to enter the industry.
On this short course, you’ll explore the opportunities available in digital and IT, and how you can utilise and build upon your existing skills to start your career.
Created with employer insights, this course will prepare you for work in the digital industry.
Discover the different job roles in the digital industry
You’ll identify the key responsibilities within the digital and IT sector, and be introduced to in-demand jobs including those in digital technology and cyber security.
You’ll focus on the actionable steps you can take to enter the industry and explore career progression routes you may want to pursue.
Gain a digital credential from City & Guilds
Once you have completed the course, you’ll receive a digital credential from City & Guilds, specialists in supporting career pathways in the digital sector.
With your credential, you can search for live job opportunities and be signposted to organisations that City & Guilds has teamed up with to help you take the next step towards a career in digital.
You’ll also receive advice on how to go about searching for a job, key things to highlight on your CV and insights on what it takes to start your own business.
- What is digital?
- Evolving roles and evolving opportunities
- Essential skills and further training opportunities
- Becoming a digital problem solver
- Exploring different opportunities
- The digital support professional
- The digital networking expert
- Your best personal and professional fit
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify whether a career in digital technologies is for you
- Discuss and understand key myths (and jargon) from the digital sector
- Evaluate the key knowledge, skills and behaviours that employers are looking for from entrants to the sector
- Reflect on which skills you need to personally and professionally develop
- Explore current opportunities within a range of digital technology disciplines
- Reflect which discipline within the digital technologies domain is the best potential personal fit
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone considering a career in digital and IT. It will introduce you to the sector and help you learn about the most in-demand jobs and progression opportunities available in the industry.
Endorsers and supporters
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.