Study the difference between marketing planning, strategy and tactics, and how to implement key strategic marketing frameworks.
Weekly study3 hours
Strategic Marketing: Marketing Orientation and the Marketing Planning Process
Explore how to develop marketing goals and tactical marketing objectives
On this course, you’ll be taught what marketing strategy is and have the chance to build your professional skills in marketing strategy, planning, and tactics.
Alongside digital marketing experts from Coventry University, you’ll be encouraged to investigate key strategic marketing frameworks, including Ansoff’s Growth Strategy and the Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning model.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn how to develop strategic goals and tactical objectives for a given organisation and how to form business missions and marketing objectives.
What topics will you cover?
- Marketing benefits and barriers
- Business missions
- Marketing objectives
- The Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning model
- Competitive strategy
- Ansoff’s Growth Strategy
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop strategic goals and tactical objectives for a given organisation
- Critically apply STP and strategic frameworks such as Ansoff’s matrix and other marketing frameworks
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about marketing strategy.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Who will you learn with?
A lecturer in marketing and advertising at Coventry University’s Business School, Rajlakshmi specialises in consumer behaviour, marketing and entrepreneurial branding.
An assistant professor in Marketing and Advertising, Dr. Anvita is also the Quality and Accreditation Lead for Marketing. She is experienced in leading collaborative international learning projects.
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Advance your career with a degree
Since 2017 you have been able to take a degree on FutureLearn. This free course is a bit like a starter course for a degree — it should give you a flavour of the degree subject but can also be your first step towards a degree qualification.
If you enjoy this course you can apply to join the program it’s part of to start working towards a degree on FutureLearn.
Don’t worry, you can still take the course without doing a full degree!