Learn how to negotiate effectively in business and life
We all negotiate on a daily basis. On a personal level, we negotiate with friends, family, landlords, and even employers, but negotiation is also the key to business success.
On this course, you’ll discover and practice the four steps to successful negotiation, and learn strategies to do it better with the world’s ranked #21 university.
You’ll identify the four key stages of negotiations, and complete a negotiation analysis that will set you up for success.
You’ll also explore the use of power and psychological tools during negotiation, and learn how to apply your new skills to a business deal.
What topics will you cover?
- Prepare: Plan Your Negotiation Strategy
- Negotiate: Use Key Tactics for Success
- Close: Create a Contract
- Perform and Evaluate: The End Game
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Learn and practice helpful strategies and skills to become a successful negotiator in personal life and business transactions
- Identify four key stages of negotiation
- Learn how to complete a negotiation analysis to set you up for success
- Learn how to use power and psychological tools during negotiations
- Apply negotiation strategies and skills to a business deal
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in learning about successful negotiation.
Who developed the course?
As the #1 public research university in the United States, U-M has been a leader in research, learning, and teaching for more than 200 years, with 102 Grad programs in the top 10 — U.S. News & World Report (2019).
- LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
- World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
See all FutureLearn Reviews