What topics will you cover?
- Form & function: purpose, material & form; how forces flow; form-finding structures; free-body diagrams; tensegrity structures.
- Freedom & energy: degrees of freedom; definitions of deformation, strain and stress; membrane stresses; strain energy; torsion and shear stress.
- Keeping it all together: shear forces and bending moments; flexural stress; compatibility of displacement; statically indeterminate structures.
- Material details, an introductions to: Mohr’s circle; material response; structural materials; biological materials; stress concentrations; fracture & fatigue.
- Risk & resilience: dynamic loading; finite element analysis; limit states; damage tolerance; residual stresses; complex systems.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLsuperstructures to talk about this course on social media.