Discover the new materials that could help humans survive on Earth in future
Energy consumption is one of the biggest challenges of the 21st century. How will billions of humans survive on Earth in the future?
The demand for energy will soon exhaust traditional resources such as oil, gas and coal. Developing cost effective ways of using renewable sources such as solar energy is important for future generations.
On this course, you’ll explore the vital role that new materials play in ensuring life on Earth is sustainable. You’ll learn about inexpensive energy generation and storage and gain a greater understanding of the energy crisis the world is facing.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- An understanding of the world's energy problems
- Requirements for new energy generation and storage
- Our energy requirements
- The use of new energy materials
- An understanding of non-metallic conductors for use in energy generation and storage
- The difference between 2D and 3D materials in the context of supercharged materials
- Thermoelectricity and how it might help solve the energy crisis
- Battery versus Fuel Cells
- An energy efficient street
- An understanding of Photosynthesis and how we can mimic the process to power the planet
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in sustainability and the future of human life on Earth.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLEnergyMaterials to talk about this course on social media.