- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- Extra BenefitsFrom $69
Systematic Literature Review: An Introduction
Understand how to create a systematic literature review
What makes a good systematic literature review? On this course you will consider the answers to this question as you explore the different types of literature review. You will consider the importance of systematic literature reviews for organisations and you will have the opportunity to learn about the process of identifying a research topic.
You’ll have the chance to choose a topic for your own literature review and business plan, as well as develop your research question.
This short course introduces the final assessment of MSc Business and Organisational Psychology.
- Introduction to the literature review and business plan (Dissertation)
- Different types of literature review
- Traditional literature review vs systematic literature review
- Advantages and disadvantages of traditional literature reviews
- Systematic literature reviews
- The importance of systematic literature reviews for organisations
- Identifying a research topic
- The research cycle
- Factors to consider when identifying a research topic
- Research questions
- Developing a research question
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain what is expected from the dissertation module
- Explore the different types of literature review
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of traditional literature reviews
- Identify a research topic
- Develop a research question
Who is the course for?
This course is for students looking to gain an understanding of how to review literature and the types of literature reviews available.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
What's different about this course?
Since 2017 you have been able to take a degree on FutureLearn. This free course is a bit like a starter course for a degree — it should give you a flavour of the degree subject but can also be your first step towards a degree qualification.
If you enjoy this course you can apply to join the program it’s part of to start working towards a degree on FutureLearn.
Don’t worry, you can still take the course without doing a full degree!
How do degrees work on FutureLearn?
Which program and degree is this course part of?
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLsystematicliteraturereview to talk about this course on social media.