- Duration6 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Systems Thinking for Sustainability: Practical application of the SiD method
Build complex systems thinking skills
As the second part of the Systems Thinking ExpertTrack, this course builds on the theory discussed in part one to cover the most practical components of Symbiosis in Development (SiD) - the first framework for integrated sustainable development. You’ll build the analytical skills and practical tools that you need to unravel any complex societal issue you may be working on.
This course will enable you to perform all-encompassing systems analyses and empower you with a structured approach to initiate, facilitate, and accelerate sustainability transitions.
Discover how to use the SiD framework in systems analysis and design
The SiD framework can be effective for anyone involved in driving sustainable change through systems thinking. It offers an integrated development framework that helps us to see complex systems holistically, and gain new insights into them.
The SiD Method will lead you through a 5-step approach rooted in iterative design thinking. You’ll learn how to perform multiple iterations to end up with a blueprint for design and rollout for your projects, going through the stages of:
- visioning and goal setting
- systems mapping
- systems understanding
- solutioning and roadmapping
By using the SiD integrated framework, you’ll be empowered to better understand both the systems and challenges in front of you to set practical, achievable goals and drive sustainable change.
- Introduction to key concepts of systems thinking applied to sustainability
- Sustainability definitions and frameworks
- Redefining success in sustainability projects
- Sustainability impact mapping
- Overview of systems dynamics
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the main concepts underlying sustainability, and its relevance in our society today.
- Explore basic principles of systems thinking and network theory applied to sustainability.
- Interpret systemic behaviours in society, and how they relate to sustainability transitions.
- Evaluate the way success is defined for sustainable projects
- Perform quick impact scans across different dimensions of sustainability, enlarging your scope of impact.
- Experiment by doing, how system thinking can help you solve complex challenges
Who is the course for?
This sustainability management course is designed for anyone who would like to understand how the SiD framework can help us to build more sustainable systems.
It would be suitable for purpose-driven professionals at public and private organisations.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLSidMethod to talk about this course on social media.