Teach like an Entrepreneur: Bringing Entrepreneurship into the Classroom
Learn about different types of entrepreneurship
On this course, you’ll distinguish between different types of entrepreneurship, learn the value of entrepreneurial competences for individuals and society and align these with subject-specific learning in STEM.
You’ll come away able to embed entrepreneurial activities in your teaching through experiential learning techniques and challenge-based resources.
Recognise the value of entrepreneurship education
Educators are increasingly being encouraged to create curricula that are relevant in a changing world, while also improving student motivation and retention.
On this course, you’ll discover how entrepreneurial learning can create empowering educational environments that give students the opportunity to put ideas into action.
Encourage entrepreneurial mindsets and skill sets in students
You’ll develop a shared definition of entrepreneurship, understand key entrepreneurial competences and discover new methods and approaches for teaching creativity and entrepreneurship in the classroom.
You’ll evaluate and celebrate success and reflect on opportunities for collaboration and learning beyond the classroom.
Explore entrepreneurship education alongside an expert
Learning from internationally recognised entrepreneurship expert Professor Dana Redford, you’ll emerge able to embed entrepreneurial learning activities, design lesson plans, and put your learning into practical educational action.
- What are Entrepreneurial Competences?
- Entrepreneurial Mindsets: Overcoming the Fear of Failure
- Entrepreneurial Skill Sets: Tools and Techniques
- Entrepreneurial Teaching: Putting Learning into Action
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore entrepreneurship and distinguish between different types of entrepreneurship
- Assess the value of entrepreneurial competences for individuals and for society and align these competences with subject-specific learning in STEM
- Explain how cultural values influence entrepreneurship and recognise and be able to address the fear of failure
- Identify and select challenge-based resources and work-based learning approaches that are best suited to the delivery of entrepreneurial competences in the classroom
- Design lesson plans; embed entrepreneurial learning activities; evaluate and celebrate success
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for teachers that are looking to inspire young people and transform teaching and learning to become more entrepreneurial. While designed for secondary education teachers in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM subjects), the course may also be of interest to other professionals seeking to encourage entrepreneurial behaviour in their students.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.