Find out how to effectively teach entrepreneurial thinking
We live in an uncertain and complex world, where the big problems of today and tomorrow are yet to be identified.
Teaching young people the skills and resilience to live and thrive in such a world is the purpose of entrepreneurial thinking.
This course will introduce you to what entrepreneurial thinking is, and why it’s an important skill for young people to learn.
You’ll understand the different types of entrepreneurship, and identify the approaches that best suit your teaching context.
You’ll discover how to produce a plan for teaching entrepreneurial thinking effectively.
What topics will you cover?
- What is entrepreneurial thinking?
- Where does entrepreneurial thinking sit within the Australian Curriculum and why should we teach it?
- What are the types of entrepreneurship?
- How could entrepreneurial thinking be applied in your classroom?
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss why entrepreneurial thinking is an important skill for students to learn
- Identify the type of entrepreneurial thinking that best suits your teaching context and learner cohort
- Produce a plan for teaching entrepreneurial thinking
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at teachers and educational leaders who want to improve their teaching practice. It may also be of interest to anyone looking to support students in learning entrepreneurial thinking.
For Australian educators, this course aligns with the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST):
- Know students and how they learn
- 1.1, 1.2
- Know the content and how to teach it
- Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4
- Create and maintain supportive learning environments
- Engage in professional learning
- 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4
- Engage professionally with colleagues
Who developed the course?
QUT is a leading Australian university ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide by the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings. Located in Brisbane, it attracts over 50,000 students.
- LocationBrisbane, Australia
- World rankingTop 180Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLEntrepreneurshipEdOz to talk about this course on social media.