- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $49
Teaching for Home Learning: Secondary Science
Overcome the challenges of teaching science remotely to your secondary students
Due to COVID-19 related school closures around the world, many teachers are having to adjust their teaching.
Whilst teaching remotely may be new, this course will help you to develop new online and offline teaching strategies for supporting learning at home and at a distance.
You’ll consider the issues of student engagement, time management, assessment and feedback, and the role of parents, as well as how to keep up with practical science activities.
You’ll draw upon the resources you already have, use a variety of asynchronous teaching and learning tools, and collaborate with other teachers in designing teaching sequences.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Design an approach to teaching secondary science, with offline and online activities to support students learning from home
- Evaluate a range of teaching strategies and tools, appropriate to your teaching context and teaching remotely
- Develop assessment and feedback opportunities to support home learning
- Reflect on the role of parents in supporting home learning
Who is the course for?
This is a professional development course designed for teachers of science to students aged 11-19 years who are providing support for students to learn at home.
Heads of science departments may also find this course useful for devising their approach to home teaching.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLSTEMHomeTeaching to talk about this course on social media.