- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- Extra BenefitsFrom $59
Teaching Primary Science: Chemistry
Improve the way you teach primary science by building your chemistry knowledge
To teach primary science effectively teachers must have strong subject knowledge, but many primary teachers are not science experts.
On this course, you’ll explore the key knowledge required to teach the chemistry elements of the primary science curriculum.
You’ll learn about the common misconceptions and misunderstandings children may have and learn how you can help your students identify and overcome them.
You’ll discover practical activities to do with your primary school students that will help them to learn scientific concepts in a fun and engaging way.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the importance of good subject knowledge when teaching primary science.
- Develop personal subject knowledge of chemistry.
- Apply subject knowledge to class teaching of pupils aged 5-11 years old.
- Explore practical activities to teach scientific concepts in the primary curriculum.
- Identify common misconceptions children may have in primary science concepts.
- Develop teaching strategies to identify and overcome children’s misconceptions.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for teachers and trainee teachers of primary education (pupils aged 5-11 years).
Teaching assistants may also be interested in developing their subject knowledge through this course.
This course refers to the English National Curriculum but teachers of young students from around the world will be able to apply the course teachings to their own curricula.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLSTEMPrimaryScience to talk about this course on social media.