- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Leading a Team: Coaching Techniques and Team Performance Management
Discover the right leadership style for you.
As a team leader, adaptability helps you respond effectively to members of your team and the needs of the business.
This two-week course will arm you with the key practical skills and knowledge that employers consider essential in a team leader.
You’ll examine different leadership techniques and understand how and when to adapt your style to suit different work situations.
Explore coaching models you can implement within your team
You’ll discover how you can develop and support your team using coaching.
Examining different coaching models, you’ll learn how to apply these techniques in your role, helping your team members reach their full potential and making team meetings more productive.
Learn how to effectively monitor team performance
Once you know about the different styles of coaching and leadership, you’ll learn how you can apply these to develop your team’s performance.
You’ll understand how to provide evidence-based feedback to members of your team and how to manage challenging conversations objectively, without conflict.
On the course, you’ll have the chance to engage with a peer group using social learning. This means that you can take part in discussions to share experiences and to provide and receive feedback from your fellow learners to support your progress.
At the end of this course, you’ll have your skills certified by ILM, the UK’s top leadership and management institute.
Once you complete the full Expert Track, you’ll receive an ILM branded digital credential.
- Leadership styles
- Developing performance, using feedback and managing challenging conversations
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify different leadership styles that may be used in different situations
- Lead team meetings effectively
- Evaluate different coaching models and consider which approaches will best develop team performance
- Develop techniques for approaching difficult conversations
- Apply strategies for improving team performance, including conducting effective appraisals
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone wanting to improve their leadership in a managerial position. You may be just stepping into the role or already working in your first supervisory position and want to learn practical and essential skills.
New to a managerial position? Discover practical skills to help you succeed as a team leader with ILM.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends