Weekly study1 hour
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $49
Defending Dignity: The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Explore the impact of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
On 10 December 1948, the General Assembly of the United Nations adopted a revolutionary new document, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR). What made the Declaration revolutionary was that the UN member states acknowledged that all human beings all over the world were born with the same, indivisible human rights, and all nations and all people had a right and a duty to stand up for the rights of everybody else.
On this course you will get an introduction to the UDHR, and discover ways you can take action to defend and claim your rights, and the rights of others.
Please be aware that this course will be facilitated between 12th July and 2nd August.
- Dignity and Human Rights
- Promoting Equality and Non-Discrimination in your community
- Shaping a Society based on Human Rights principles
Learning on this course
If you'd like to take part while our educators are leading the course, they'll be joining the discussions, in the comments, between these dates:
- 12 Jul 2021 - 2 Aug 2021
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore how the Universal Declaration of Human Rights relates to your daily life
- Explain the significance of the UDHR to promoting human dignity
- Justify the importance of upholding the key principles of human rights
- Classify different types of discrimination
- Assess inequality in your community
- Contribute to the promotion of equality and non-discrimination
- Identify the impact of people standing up for human rights
- Engage in taking action for a more inclusive and participatory society
- Describe how the UDHR influenced the development of human rights law and standards
Who is the course for?
This course is for everyone who wants to know, claim and defend their human rights and the rights of others. You don’t need any previous knowledge of human rights.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.