Discover how to gather and analyse information to monitor a security breach
In the first week of this course, we will look into common attacks and how to identify them when analysing network traffic.
In the second week, we will analyse captured network traffic to report forensic findings related to specific attacks for a given scenario. This will be achieved by applying an appropriate digital forensic methodology.
- Introduction to malware
- Static and dynamic analysis
- Automated analysis
- Cyber INT
- Honeynets revisited
- Big brother IS watching you
- Network traffic and packet analysis
- Network abuse identification
- Digital forensics methodologies
- Timeline creation and analysis
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Synthesise familiarity with common attacks and demonstrate ability to identify certain actions for a given scenario.
- Explore digital evidence and report forensic findings related to specific attacks for a given scenario by applying an appropriate digital forensic methodology.
Who is the course for?
MSc Cyber Security students.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.