- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- Digital upgradeFree
Thrive in Trying Times Teach-Out
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Learn tips for community organizing and maintaining wellbeing during COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic is challenging individuals, communities, and businesses across the globe to work together like never before.
On this course – led by experts from the Center for Positive Organizations at the University of Michigan – you’ll learn how to develop practices to help you get through this crisis.
You’ll discover the scientific grounding behind terms like thriving, resilience, and compassion.
You’ll also consider the value of gratitude and staying connected in a time of social distancing, including tangible steps to take as an individual or part of a larger community
- Social Connection
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain what the concept of “thriving” means to you
- Contribute your own experiences and opinions related to the current difficult times
- Explore basic positive organizing concepts such as Resilience, Gratitude, Reframing, and Social Connection
- Reflect on useful and creative solutions that help them overcome the current crisis
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about how to thrive during difficult times and how to respond to crisis effectively.
Who developed the course?
As the #1 public research university in the United States, U-M has been a leader in research, learning, and teaching for more than 200 years, with 102 Grad programs in the top 10 — U.S. News & World Report (2019).
- LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
- World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.