Weekly study5 hours
Uncovering Your Entrepreneurial Potential
Other courses you might like
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
How do entrepreneurs learn to win – and what are the key characteristics and traits that make them successful not just in the workplace, but at life in general?
This course examines how taking an entrepreneurial approach is the first step towards becoming an entrepreneur. The entrepreneur mindset can be useful in a range of contexts – and not just in terms of starting your own company.
The course will challenge your ideas about innovation and entrepreneurship and teach you how entrepreneurship strategies will benefit yourself and others. You’ll explore different ways to approach entrepreneurship and innovation in the workplace.
You’ll also have the chance to identify your own entrepreneurial strengths and learn how to create economic and social value through their implementation.
Explore different types of entrepreneurship
The course will teach you how to apply the core concepts of being an entrepreneur – including entrepreneurship as tasks, processes, traits and outcomes.
You’ll have the opportunity to examine different types of entrepreneurs and the links between entrepreneurship and innovation.
Unlock the power of intrapreneurship and social entrepreneurship
Find out the difference between an entrepreneur and Intrapreneur, and explore how intrapreneurs are proactive, self-motivated and action-oriented, with strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
This course will teach you the value of intrapreneurs in social entrepreneurship and new venture creation.
What topics will you cover?
- Conceptualising innovation and entrepreneurship
- The importance of innovation and entrepreneurship in a business context
- Social value creation
- New venture creation
- Intrapreneurship (corporate venturing)
- Social entrepreneurship
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
Add to Wishlist to be emailed when new dates are announced
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate your entrepreneurial potential and innovation skills
- Synthesise different theories, concepts and approaches to innovation and entrepreneurship
- Reflect on your approach to entrepreneurship and innovation
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in applying entrepreneurship principles to their daily lives.
It will be of particular interest to people in business development, recruitment and business management roles looking to take their career to the next level.
If you want to develop your knowledge further, you may want to take these courses, from the same provider, that share the same overall learning outcomes:
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn