Skip to 1 minute and 38 secondsOn this course, you will learn how to challenge the values and attitudes which underpin violence against women and human rights abuses that women face every day simply because they are women.
Duration 6 weeks
Weekly study 2 hours
Be part of a movement to end violence against women
The United Nations considers violence against women to be a grave violation of human rights of epidemic proportions.
Such violence has profoundly negative consequences for individuals, communities and entire societies. This is why preventing violence against women is a priority issue for governments and societies around the world.
On this course you will learn about the roots of violence against women, the principles of gender inequality at its centre and most importantly, how to challenge entrenched attitudes that impact women.
Join the movement to end violence against women today.
What topics will you cover?
- Key concepts – Gender, Power and Violence
- Defining and explaining Violence Against Women
- Impact of Violence Against Women from a range of perspectives
- Media and Cultural representations of Violence Against Women
- Public and Professional responses to Violence Against Women
- Preventing Violence Against Women – national and international approaches
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in challenging and preventing violence against women, you don’t need any prior experience of the topic.
Who will you learn with?
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLvaw to talk about this course on social media.