Engagement with customers is key: put social media to work
This short course will equip you with the social media knowledge that will help you to achieve your marketing goals. You’ll be introduced to basic marketing principles that apply to all social media, specific platform characteristics will be examined, and you’ll learn how to design and develop a social media strategy and monitor its effectiveness.
The course will also look at the importance of virals, focusing on the factors that increase virality, and relevant concepts for a more comprehensive understanding of social media marketing.
- Introduction to social media marketing
- Social media strategy
- Social media optimisation
- Viral marketing
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Understand the principles of social media marketing
- Evaluate the benefits of different social media platforms to achieve specific marketing goals
- Design and develop a social media strategy and set KPIs
- Identify the appropriate tools to measure the effectiveness of a social media strategy
- Understand social media optimisation
- Understand the benefits of viral marketing and related concepts (e-WoM, UGC)
Who is the course for?
This course is for emerging business managers with a professional or personal interest in managing and implementing digital marketing that contributes to an organisation’s total success. It is suitable for those with a background in business - corporate or private - or with relevant work experience, and for those who wish to expand their existing knowledge of marketing and promotion into the digital dimensions.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.