- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
UX Design Fundamentals: Management and the Business Model Canvas for UX Design
How can a UX (user experience) designer add value to a business across all levels and all team levels?
This short UX design course will teach you how the core fundamentals of UX design foster collaborative thinking, drive engagement and ensure better business.
You’ll examine the critical role UX designers play in driving customer experiences by conducting user research, building personas, developing business models, creating wireframes and building prototypes.
Understand how to use business model design in management strategies
One key outcome of this course is to teach you the main elements of a business model for a specific value proposition and its associated business environment. You’ll cover the phases of business model design and innovation and the concept of ‘job to be done’ (JTBD) – a framework based on the idea of user ‘hiring’ (or using) a product to do a specific ‘job’ (or task, to achieve a specific outcome).
Learn the importance of a value stream map and customer profile map
The course will also show you how to use customer profile mapping, or user journey mapping. A user journey map is a model, in illustration or diagram form, of all the touchpoints through which customers come into contact with your company, online or offline.
By knowing how to sketch out a user journey, you’ll be able to forecast any potential friction before creating an actual website or prototype. And by using value stream maps, you’ll know how to identify and analyse the activities associated with the customer journey holistically to determine if the activity is valuable or not.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify key elements of a business model for a specific value proposition and its associated business environment
- Articulate the phases of Business Model Design
- Articulate the concept of ‘job to be done’
- Justify a customer profile map and a value map
- Evaluate the fit between a customer profile map and a value map
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for developing expertise in business model design and customer experience mapping.
You may be an entry-level or intermediate graphic or digital designer, a non-technical digital team leader or an aspiring product manager.
What software or tools do you need?
In this course, you will use Canva.
Launch your career in user experience (UX) design by developing your skills and knowledge of UX principles.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends