- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
UX Design Strategy and Application: Customer Profiling and Design Sprints
Explore customer profiling and user personas
70% of people managers have increased the headcount of their design team in the past year, and UX designers are in particularly high demand.
The chief responsibility of a UX designer is to optimise customer experiences across new products and existing offerings.
One way UX designers do this is through conducting user research and building customer personas.
This course will equip you with the skills to evaluate research and data to inform customer profiles, identify different personas and gain a deep understanding of how users interact with a product.
You will examine elements of organisational culture including employee experience design (EXD), cross cultural design and the 6 cultural dimensions.
You will also learn how to employ visual tools such as culture maps to understand the people who make up an organisation and what makes them tick.
Understand Lean and Agile methodologies
You will discover problem solving techniques and project management methodologies such as ‘Lean’ and ‘Agile’.
You will consider and evaluate the effectiveness of these approaches and participate in discussions around the pros and cons of methods such as ‘waterfall project management’.
Learn how to create a design sprint
You will investigate the key elements of a design sprint, how they work and why they are important for ensuring positive user experiences. Once you are familiar with the core principles you will experiment with creating a design sprint of your own using Jira.
By the end of the course you will be able to apply knowledge of design sprints, customer personas and project management methodologies to advance a career in UX design.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Define moments of users and moments of customers
- Evaluate data and research to inform customer profiles and personas
- Identify different types of personas
- Articulate lean and agile approaches
- Identify key elements of a design sprint
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at anyone looking to improve their UX design skills.
This might include:
- entry-level or intermediate Graphic or Digital Designers looking to expand their knowledge and skillsets in UX design.
- aspiring product managers who need to understand the pivotal role UX design plays in successful product development.
- non-technical digital team leaders looking to better understand critical concepts in UX design and the Design Thinking process.
Develop UX skills in customer journey mapping, service design and customer profiling.