- Duration8 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- Extra BenefitsFrom $74
UX Research at Scale: Surveys, Analytics, Online Testing
Learn how to create, analyse, and report on data from UX research surveys
UX surveys offer UX designers the chance to uncover user needs and user attitudes towards a product or system concept they use before connecting these needs to user characteristics.
This course, created and led by the University of Michigan, will help you build your skills in survey methodology for UX research.
Learn how to conduct UX research at scale
You’ll explore the basics of creating an effective UX survey, including when and how to use surveys, what questions to ask, who to ask and how to take on research at scale.
As you learn how to conduct a survey of your own design, you’ll build your skills in developing A/B testing techniques as well as analysing and reporting on large scale UX surveys and unmoderated studies.
Use online surveys and web analytics to improve UX
The course will also introduce you to using web analytics to gain UX insights remotely from a large number of users.
As you learn more about behavioural analytics and preference testing, you’ll discover how to critique user surveys so that you can extract actionable insights to inform your UX design.
- When and How to Use Surveys
- Asking the Right People (Coverage Error)
- Getting Answers (Nonresponse error)
- Writing Questions (Measurement Error)
- About Research at Scale
- Behavioral Analytics
- Remote Testing
- A/B Testing and Preference Testing
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe how web analytics works and how to analyze analytics data
- Develop A-B tests, before/after, and multivariate experiments
- Design and analyze remote unmoderated testing studies
- Report on and analyze large scale user experience studies Learn about the different types and uses of surveys in UX research
- Assess the survey population: when to sample, when to recruit
- Develop a survey instrument that meets your requirements
- Report on and analyze surveys
- Assess user surveys
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to gain experience in UX principles, techniques and processes, specifically in the areas of UX research and online UX testing at scale.
This course is part of the University of Michigan’s User Experience Research and Design.
Who developed the course?
As the #1 public research university in the United States, U-M has been a leader in research, learning, and teaching for more than 200 years, with 102 Grad programs in the top 10 — U.S. News & World Report (2019).
- LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
- World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: