Uncover the logic behind your operations
On this short course, you’ll be introduced to some visual modelling language for better understanding of the logic behind your logistics operations.
You’ll also have the opportunity to become familiar with the rules of creating logic flow diagrams and be introduced to the building blocks of flowcharts for producing static business modelling diagrams.
Finally, you’ll be helped to better understand the reasons for probabilistic sources of uncertainties and how they can be modelled.
- Introduction and definition of flowcharts
- The importance of flowcharts
- Why we use flowcharts
- Flowchart field of applications
- Types of flowcharts
- Flowchart building blocks
- Creating flowcharts
- Flowchart control structures
- Advanced transfer modules modelling of conveyors
- Reasons for probabilistic modelling
- Source of randomness
- How randomness can be modelled
- The probability concept
- Distribution definition
- Probability distribution
- Families of probability distributions
- Application of normal distribution
- Mean and variance
- Distribution fittings software
- Simulation runs
- Types of simulation runs
- Simulation runs/replications
- Distributing fitting-ARENA Input Analyser
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop an understanding of a visual modelling language, such as flowcharts
- Explore probabilistic simulation
- Explore flowchart modules and design rules
- Develop an understanding of probability, uncertainty and variability to reflect reality
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone with a keen interest in logistics operations and how to manage them efficiently while facing uncertainties in a virtual environment.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.