Weekly study6 hours
Volume Shadow Copy, Memory and Remote Evidence
Master key additional components that enhance a user’s ability to analyse data
This course aims to give you a solid and practical bank of knowledge that will allow you to use VSC to conduct thorough and advanced data analysis.
During the course, you will learn how VSC actually works, what information it can help you to find, how to use Forensic Toolkit (FTK) to process a restore point, visualisation of data, distributed processing, Cerberus, adding remote evidence and memory analysis.
- First In First Out (FIFO) file deletion
- How to retrieve deleted files using VSC
- Visualisation as a timelining tool
- RDMS using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption
- Distributed processing
- Cerebus analysis
- Threat and static analysis
- Memory analysis
- Volatile data
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply the knowledge and skills necessary to install, configure and effectively use Forensic Toolkit (FTK), FTK Imager, Password Recovery Toolkit (PRTK) and Registry Viewer
- Evaluate AccessData products to conduct forensic investigations on Microsoft Windows systems and learn where and how to locate system artefacts
- Synthesise the knowledge gained and practical skills acquired in using the various forensic tools to exploit advanced processing options
Who is the course for?
MSc Cyber Security students who want to increase their knowledge of how to conduct advanced data analysis.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.