Weekly study3 hours
Work-Life Balance and the Impact of Remote Working
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Explore the history and outcomes of a work-life balance in employed individuals
Working individuals often find themselves juggling between their work and social lives, aiming for the ever-elusive work-life balance. This course focuses on the context in which work-life balance has grown, comparing the key theories of work-life conflict, work-life integration and enrichment, and boundary management.
It also investigates the future of work, evaluating how technology allows individuals to work more flexibly, but in the meantime risking less time to switch off and recover from work. Flexible working practices as a means to enhance your work-life balance are also discussed.
- Work-life balance
- What are the key antecedents of work-life balance?
- What are the key outcomes of a work-life balance?
- What are the organisational, supervisory and individual issues?
- What can be done at both individual and organisational levels?
- Links between work-life balance and remote e-working
- Use of flexible working arrangements by organisations as a means to enhance work-life balance
- Relevant laws and legislation that organisations should consider
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop a broad understanding of the context in which work-life balance has grown
- Explain your understanding of both the academic and business-related definitions and issues surrounding the study of work-life balance
- Discuss and compare the key theories underpinning theoretical studies of work-life balance: work-life balance, conflict and enrichment
- Identify the future of work: working anywhere at any given time, using technology
- Evaluate how technology is affecting individuals’ switching-off and recovery from work
- Describe how the concept of work-life balance is related to issues caused by remote e-working
- Discuss flexible working practices as a means to enhance work-life balance
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at people who are looking to further understand the key factors for a work-life balance, and what can be done in an organisation to achieve this.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.