Duration 2 weeks
Weekly study 3 hours
Extra benefits From $64 Find out more
Explore the history and outcomes of a work-life balance in employed individuals
Working individuals often find themselves juggling between their work and social lives, aiming for the ever-elusive work-life balance. This course focuses on the context in which work-life balance has grown, comparing the key theories of work-life conflict, work-life integration and enrichment, and boundary management.
It also investigates the future of work, evaluating how technology allows individuals to work more flexibly, but in the meantime risking less time to switch off and recover from work. Flexible working practices as a means to enhance your work-life balance are also discussed.
What topics will you cover?
- Work-life balance
- What are the key antecedents of work-life balance?
- What are the key outcomes of a work-life balance?
- What are the organisational, supervisory and individual issues?
- What can be done at both individual and organisational levels?
- Links between work-life balance and remote e-working
- Use of flexible working arrangements by organisations as a means to enhance work-life balance
- Relevant laws and legislation that organisations should consider
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at people who are looking to further understand the key factors for a work-life balance, and what can be done in an organisation to achieve this.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.
Who will you learn with?
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLremoteworking to talk about this course on social media.