Weekly study2 hours
Premium course$44What's included?
Workforce Planning: Research and Implementation the Basics
Follow a business planning process to structure an effective workforce
An organisation’s workforce is one of its largest assets. Knowledgeable and skilled staff ensure that a business can function successfully and outcomes can be delivered.
On this two-week course, you’ll explore the continuous business planning process that will allow you to shape and structure your workforce.
By the end, you’ll know the groundwork and best practices to manage the recruitment process and build an effective team.
Use data analysis to address the skills gap in your workforce
You’ll learn how to conduct both internal and external data analysis to understand the demographics of your organisation’s workforce and use tools to help forecast demand.
With this knowledge, you’ll understand how to address any skills shortages in the organisation and prepare a training plan to help fill the skills gap.
Explore employee retention strategies
Next, you’ll understand what makes an attractive workplace and happy workers as you identify what makes workers stay at an organisation.
You’ll learn how to spot turnover warning signs, measure satisfaction, and how to go from turnover to retention.
Understand how to deploy strategic change management
Finally, you’ll explore the benefits of a diverse culture with diversity management and strategy before delving into strategic change management.
With this knowledge, you’ll understand how to implement continuous improvement within your organisation and how to take the next steps to ensure a thriving workplace.
Internal and external data analysis
Welcome and introduction
What you will learn in this course, what do you already know and who do you need to involve in workforce planning?
Analyze internal data
What skills gaps does your organization face? What estimates can you make about your future staffing needs?
Review external data
What data is available about labor supply? Why is it important to keep up with current trends?
Measuring the success of workforce planning
Next week we will explore how your workforce planning must meet strategic objectives. To do this, we must consider evaluation methods now (not later!). How will you measure your success?
Successful strategies for change
Introduction to week 2
What are some of the reasons workers stay at an organisation?
What is your turnover rate? How do you measure staff satisfaction? How can you retain talented staff?
Delivering on diversity
What are the benefits of diversity management and what strategy does your organisation have for this?
Strategic change management
Let's explore different models of change.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess workforce need and trends (internally and externally)
- Develop strategic workforce objectives
- Discuss cultural competence
- Explore methods of diversity management
- Estimate supply forecasting
- Investigate training needs via a skills audit
- Identify possible target metrics and evaluation measures.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who has been asked to assist with recruitment and may be unfamiliar with HR matters.
It will be particularly useful for those who take responsibility for managing all aspects of selecting new staff and orienting those staff to their new positions.
Who developed the course?
Learning Lounge (LL) is Australia’s leading online course publisher. With over 100,000+ hours of highly produced, engaging, industry-led content across 20+ industries.
Learning Lounge believes fervently in the value of online learning: it is fundamental to their vision and always will be. They are constantly investing in improving a learner’s experience by creating engaging, interactive content.
This is a premium course. These courses are designed for professionals from specific industries looking to learn with a smaller group of like-minded individuals.
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- Certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you're eligible
- Download and print your Certificate of Achievement anytime
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
More courses you might like
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.