Personal Trainer's Toolkit: Workplace Health and Safety in a Fitness Setting
Deliver best practices for workplace risk minimisation in your fitness business.
Work-related injuries, illnesses and deaths impose costs on employers, workers and the community. With this course you will explore practical strategies for safeguarding yourself and your clients whilst working as a fitness trainer.
You’ll identify the key elements of legislation for your location, as well as insurance and best practice procedures.
Understand your obligations
You’ll gain an understanding of the skills you will need in order to operate at the highest level of safety and security. You’ll also develop high-level strategies for responding to and mitigating the lasting impact of safety hazards or incidents.
To understand your responsibilities and duty of care as a fitness professional, you will explore how to identify risk management procedures, and also examine the planning and delivery options available to you in different settings.
Study alongside experts at CQUniversity
This course has been designed alongside the fitness industry by CQUniversity, Australia’s leading regional university.
You’ll increase your knowledge with project-based learning from specialists in the field, and build your confidence to expand your fitness business to an outdoor environment.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify strategies to implement workplace health and safety procedures and work instructions
- Identify ways to maintain the currency of safe work practices regarding workplace systems, equipment, and processes in own work area
- Reflect on strategies to manage your own levels of stress and fatigue according to workplace procedures
- Explain the workplace health and safety requirements to ensure safe work practices.
Who is the course for?
Fitness professionals who require an understanding of workplace health and safety requirements in a fitness setting.
If you want to further your knowledge, you may be interested in these courses, from the same provider. They share the same subject matter and overall learning outcomes. Access them here:
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Client Onboarding and Fitness Testing
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Build an Outdoor Fitness Business
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Providing Nutritional Advice to Your Clients
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Mental Health First Aid for Fitness Trainers
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Developing Fitness Programs for Older People
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Build a Health and Fitness Business Network
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Building a Fitness Community, Client Retention for Trainers
Who developed the course?
CQUniversity is Australia’s leading regional university.
Our courses are designed alongside industry and many include hands-on, practical learning experiences and project-based learning. Our commitment to making real-world knowledge and skills accessible to all has seen us being awarded global recognition. We are ranked among the top 2% of Universities in the world.
World rankingTop 500Source: QS World University Rankings 2020
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.