Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 2
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
YCT Standard Course Level 1: Part B
Develop your skills and knowledge of the Chinese language
This six-week course will help you boost your Chinese language skills and successfully prepare you for the YCT Level 1 Test.
Guided by the experts at Chinese Plus, you’ll learn key language skills such as asking questions, telling the date and time, and food preferences. This knowledge will help build your confidence in holding Chinese conversations.
Learn to ask questions in Chinese
Asking questions is a crucial part of conversing in Chinese. Starting with the topic of animals, you’ll learn how to ask and answer questions with ‘whose’, ‘where’ and ‘what’ in different daily settings. You will also explore how to indicate relative distance, and express existence and movement in Chinese.
As you start everyday interactions, you will also learn how to talk about your food choices and connect with more like-minded friends.
Understand how to tell the time in Chinese
Learning numbers in Chinese is fundamental and using them to tell the date and time will take you to the next level of daily communication.
While you explore the topic of birthdays, you will also learn how to express time correctly and fluently.
Prepare for the YCT Level 1 Test to take your Chinese language ability to the next level
This course corresponds with the Youth Chinese Test (YCT) curriculum and will help you to get ready for the YCT Level 1 Test. The knowledge you learn on this course will help you feel confident to take the test and continue with your studies of Chinese.
- Talk about animals
- Indicate existence and movement
- Express the date
- Tell the time
- Describe food preference
- Get ready for YCT Level 1 Test
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify key vocabulary and phrases in Chinese
- Describe ownership in Chinese
- Create simple existential questions
- Practice asking the date and time
- Demonstrate personal preferences
- Evaluate the overall Chinese language skills
- Improve Chinese character recognition
- Explore Chinese songs and stories
- Contribute to the YCT Level 1 Test
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone wanting to prepare for the YCT Level 1 Test. It will be most beneficial if you have already completed the YCT Test Level 1: Part A course.
The course is particularly designed for primary and middle school students whose mother tongue is not Chinese.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends