Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 2
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
YCT Standard Course Level 2: Part A
Build your Chinese vocabulary
This six-week course from Chinese Plus will help you develop and enhance your Chinese language skills. With this knowledge, you’ll be prepared to take the YCT Level 2 Test.
You’ll start with vocabulary building, a fundamental element of language learning. On the course, you’ll learn simple phrases to compose sentences and discover how to respond to thanks and apologies. With this new vocabulary, you will also be able to describe your daily routine.
Learn Chinese phrases to ask about locations
Location phrases help us situate people, things, and places. With the aid of interactive videos, you’ll learn to describe the positions of different items.
Next, you’ll understand how to talk about those items in detail, such as size, colour, and quantity.
Understand Chinese measure words
Learning key language points, like measure words in Chinese, will help you communicate like a native.
This course will help you gradually master some of the most common measure words as well as questions to hold a deeper conversation, such as asking someone about their occupation.
Develop skills to read, write, and speak Chinese
After learning how to talk about prices in Chinese, you’ll take part in real-life scenes to understand how to order food and drinks.
Throughout this course, you will continue immersing yourself in Chinese singing, reading, writing, and speaking before attempting the YCT Level 2 modal test to further build your confidence.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the key phrases and sentences
- Demonstrate expressions of thanks and apologies
- Describe one’s daily routines
- Produce two different existential sentences
- Create affirmative-negative questions
- Practice asking for prices
- Improve Chinese character recognition
- Explore Chinese songs and stories
- Contribute to the YCT Level 2 Test
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for primary and middle school students whose mother tongue is not Chinese and who have completed the YCT Standard Course 1 or passed YCT Level 1 Test.
It is also useful for anyone who is going to take the YCT Level 2 Test.
Who developed the course?
Chinese Plus lends support to domestic and foreign educational institutions, social organizations, and enterprises to take part in Online Chinese Class and set up localized platforms to conduct remote online Chinese education. It offers an all-in-one service package that includes online “teaching, learning, testing, and researching” as well as Chinese-centered online preparatory courses and “Chinese + vocational education” courses, among other services.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends