Skip to 0 minutes and 3 seconds COVID-19 has had an impact on all our lives. Children and young people have been affected by physical distancing, quarantines and nationwide school closures. How a child or young person reacts can vary according to their age, how they understand information and communicate their, previous experiences and how they typically cope with stress and anxiety. This module is broken into two parts. Week one looks at normal anxiety. Week two looks at the impact that COVID-19 might have had on children and young people and their ability to cope with the stresses and strains that this has placed on them.
Better understand the impact of COVID-19 on anxiety in children
The impact of coronavirus can be seen on every facet of our society. One of the key challenges of these unprecedented times is the heightened risks caused by anxiety, especially in younger people.
On this course, you’ll learn what anxiety is and how to support young people suffering from anxiety in the time of coronavirus.
With mental health professionals at the University of East Anglia and partnering mental health organisations, you’ll discover triggers and signs of anxiety to look out for.
You’ll also discover practical solutions for helping the young people in your life, and where to find additional help.
- Impact of COVID 19 on mental health/anxiety in young people
- What is anxiety and its causes
- Importance of support
- Guidance for parents
- Spotting symptoms
- Advice/treatment and support
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- identify what anxiety is and how does it affects us
- explain the possible impact of COVID-19 on mental health generally for us all during lockdown
- investigate how a parent or professional working with adolescents might spot anxiety
- classify the causes and triggers of anxiety
- solve how to protect vulnerable youths suffering from anxiety
- explore further resources from mental health organisations for future support
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for teachers, supporters, guardians, and parents of children affected by the current COVID-19 situation.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLyouthanxiety to talk about this course on social media.