To gain entry to the course, all trainees must hold:
- A Level: BBB-BBC (excludes General Studies); or
- BTEC: DDM-DMM; or
- IB Diploma: 30 points
- Plus GCSE: Grade A*-C including English, Mathematics, or specified equivalents
* The university’s accreditation with CIOB shall be up for renewal in 2023 and RICS is up for renewal on an annual basis. Whilst the university hopes and anticipates that any renewal would be successful, if the renewal were to be unsuccessful, this course would no longer be accredited and we would notify applicants and students as soon as possible.
A student who successfully completes the degree will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Knowledge and understanding of the key concepts, theories and principles used in quantity surveying, construction and commercial management. These will include: contract management principles; design; construction technology; quantification/estimating/costing; lifecycle costing; cash flow analysis; finance/value management; and application of project management techniques.
- The ability to work effectively with others within the context of a multidisciplinary team respecting the respective inputs from fellow professionals, client(s), and other stakeholders, and reflecting on one’s own performance and role within the team.
- Knowledge and application of contemporary global issues facing the Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management profession and driving change within it, such as the sustainability/environmental agenda.
- Knowledge and application of professional ethics, their impact on the operation of the Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management profession and their influence on society, conflict avoidance/dispute resolution, and communities and the stakeholders with whom they have contact.
- The ability to present quantitative and qualitative information, together with analysis, argument and commentary, in a form appropriate to the intended audience, including appropriate acknowledgement and referencing of sources.
- The ability to produce professional reports in accordance with published conventions and/or client expectations.
- Skills that promote safe working environments and safe buildings for habitation and use.
- Select and effectively use a range of appropriate means of communication including information technology.
|Add+Vantage Module 1|
|Add+Vantage Module 2|
|Add+Vantage Module 3|
|Building Project 1|
|Building Project 2|
|Commercial Building Science and Services|
|Commercial Construction Technology|
|Construction Finance and Value Management|
|Construction Industry Practice 1|
|Construction Industry Practice 2|
|Domestic Building Science and Services|
|Domestic Construction Technology|
|Group Project 1|
|Group Project 2|
|Group Project 3|
|Land and Building Surveying|
|Law for Construction Professionals|
|Project Design Skills|
|Quantity Surveying Measurement|