By the end of the ExpertTrack, you’ll be able to...
- Explore theories and perspectives of eLearning and blended learning, principles and procedures of needs assessment and context analysis in relation to the online environment.
- Apply design principles appropriate to the planning of an online course.
- Evaluate online instructional strategies and techniques appropriate to the delivery of an online course.
- Apply online instructional strategies and techniques appropriate to the delivery of an online course.
Online course design
- Welcome to the course 'How to creating an effective online learning environment'
- Effective online learning
- Reflection on Week 1
Instructional design models
- ADDIE model
- The S.A.M. model
- Learning Management Systems
Creating an online course in a Learning Management System
- Creating an online course in Moodle
Web 2.0 tools for planning and presenting of learning
- Collaborative planning tools
- Presentation tools
Evaluation of online courses
- Online course evaluation
- Course Assessment
Introduction and the online learner
- Welcome to Week 1 of How to Facilitate a Learner-Centred Online Learning Environment
- The online learner
- The online facilitator
- What is a constructivist online learning environment?
- Reflecting on the online learner's and online teacher's role
The online facilitator and learning theory
- Learning theories pertaining to the role of a facilitator
- Creating a community of practice
- Defining the role of an online facilitator
Taxonomies of learning
- Taxonomies of learning - An introduction
- Bloom's taxonomy
- Checking understanding
- Create a learning artefact
Asynchronous and synchronous online teaching.
- Asynchronous vs. synchronous
- A blended approach
- Synchronous communication and tools
- Asynchronous communication and tools
Assessment of online learning
- Introduction to Week 5 on assessment of online learning
- Online student assessment
- Formative assessment in online learning
- Summative assessment in online Learning
- Benefits and challenges of online assessment
- Reflection on the role of assessment in online learning
- Course Assessment
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
The Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec) is a leading tertiary education provider and one of New Zealand’s largest Institutes of Technology. Established in 1924, Wintec delivers technical, vocational, and professional education across a broad range of qualifications, domestically and internationally.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends