Weekly study2 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 2
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
How to Create an Effective Online Learning Environment
Improve your eLearning and blended learning provision
Over recent years, learners have spent more time online as a result of the COVID pandemic and its continued impact on learning environments.
On this five-week course, you’ll learn how to facilitate successful online learning environments, whether they’re being used to support flipped learning, hybrid learning, or fully online education.
Examine online teaching and learning theories and perspectives
On this course, you’ll be introduced to a range of principles and perspectives to inform your online learning planning and delivery. You’ll explore procedures to carry out needs assessment and context analysis in relation to online environments.
This knowledge will inform your planning process and help you design a learning environment to meet the specific needs of your learners.
Learn to create an educational course with a learning management system
Learning management systems are responsible for the administration, monitoring, and delivery of educational courses.
You’ll evaluate a range of educational course management platforms and examine the tools available to enhance and improve your current online delivery.
With this understanding, you’ll be able to choose an appropriate learning management system for your setting and demonstrate how it could be embedded into your current processes.
Discover instructional design models for online teaching
Using pedagogical theory, you’ll be able to situate your online learning environment within your current frameworks and learning objectives.
By the end of this course, you’ll have a broad understanding of eLearning environments and theories. You’ll also have experience of learning management systems and be able to demonstrate how they can improve learning outcomes when used to support your online provision.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Synthesize design principles appropriate to the planning of an online course.
- Explore theories and perspectives of the facilitation of eLearning and the development of a community of practice in an online learning environment.
- Evaluate the key technologies used in online learning and the impact of these technologies on learning and teaching activities.
- Discuss and reflect on the theoretical and practical perspectives of course evaluation and student assessment.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for teachers and educators in schools who want to develop their skill in creating online learning provision.
Who developed the course?
The Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec) is a leading tertiary education provider and one of New Zealand’s largest Institutes of Technology. Established in 1924, Wintec delivers technical, vocational, and professional education across a broad range of qualifications, domestically and internationally.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends