University of Bristol
University of Bristol is one of the leading institutions among the UK’s Russell Group of universities.
With roots dating back to 1876, the University of Bristol now operates globally and is recognised for its research and academic excellence.
The University has a strong interdisciplinary approach and regularly features among the top ranking institutions in global league tables.
The University of Bristol’s mission is ‘to pursue and share knowledge and understanding, both for their own sake and to help individuals and society fulfil their potential’. This is underpinned by a vision where the University of Bristol is an international powerhouse of learning, discovery and enterprise, whose excellence is acknowledged locally, nationally and globally, and that is:
- dedicated to academic achievement across a broad range of disciplines, and to continuous innovation and improvement
- research-intensive, supporting both individual scholarship and interdisciplinary or thematic research of the highest quality
- a centre for intellectually demanding, research-informed education that nurtures independence of mind and helps students achieve their personal goals and serve society’s needs, both during and after their time at the university
- an inclusive and collaborative community of scholarship that attracts and retains people with outstanding talent and potential from all walks of life and all parts of the world
- a stimulating and supportive environment for all students and staff, distinguished by a commitment to high standards, respect for the individual and a strong sense of collegiality
- committed to operating in a sustainable manner
- engaged with society’s interests, concerns, priorities and aspirations
- a major contributor culturally, environmentally and economically to Bristol and the South West
- well led and responsibly run, with an emphasis on consultative decision-making and open communication as well as personal responsibility and accountability
Key to Bristol’s vision is a continual innovation of its curriculum and methods of providing the highest quality research-led learning experience.