Explore the importance of research.
Imagine a world without robust evidence, where governments carry out policy based on hunches and manufacturers release products without testing.
This program will further develop your research skills so you will be able to solve problems on a global scale and make evidence-based decisions. This program will use several case studies highlighting research at two of Australia’s leading research institutions, Deakin and Griffith Universities to help you understand the real-world application of research methods and techniques.
During the program, you will:
- Use data to make evidence-based recommendations that address real world problems
- Assess various research approaches and perspectives in broadening your understanding of a problem
- Practise common research techniques including interviewing, coding and statistical analysis
- Develop a framework for ethical governance of a research project
- Plan the implementation of your own research project
You will be assessed on your development of a feasible research proposal, which you will work towards throughout the program by keeping a portfolio of potential research topics, approaches and refined research questions.
How to complete this program
You should work through each of the 5 FutureLearn courses as they are released to you and set due dates for the assignment submissions that suit you. Find further assessment details and recommended dates for assessment submission on the Assessment Tab.