Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
London College of Fashion and Kering
This online course developed by Centre for Sustainable Fashion and Kering explored the following areas: Why sustainability in fashion?; Contextualising sustainability for a changing world; Material dimensions: sourcing for luxury fashion; Informed decision making: tools & methods; Creative possibilities; Creative realisation. The course was developed by world leading researchers at Centre for Sustainable Fashion, and supported by industry best practice and innovation from luxury group Kering.
6 weeks, 3 hours per week
Professor of Fashion Design for Sustainability
London College of Fashion
- Discuss the complex nature of sustainability through the introduction to materials sourcing for luxury fashion; informed decision making; and creative realisation of ideas.
- Apply understanding of fashion & sustainability knowledge and reflection to your practice through manifesto creation and design thinking processes.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of key sustainability agendas, issues and contexts associated with luxury fashion design, production and consumption.
- Debate current and emerging perspectives, design approaches and business strategies relevant to the contexts of planetary boundaries and human equality.
- Develop innovative approaches to fashion that can contribute to ecological resilience and thriving societies.
- Week 1 - Why Sustainability in Fashion?
- Week 2 - Contextualising Sustainability for a Changing World
- Week 3 - Material Dimensions: Sourcing for luxury fashion
- Week 4 - Informed Decision Making: Tools and methods
- Week 5 - Creative Possibilities
- Week 6 - Creative Realisation
Issued on 23rd September 2019
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: