This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored the complex factors and influences that help shape human personality and examine what makes every individual different, and the reasons why.
2 weeks, 6 hours per week
Associate Professor and Director of Education for the School of Psychological Sciences
- Explain why psychologists are better able to determine a person’s personality than non-psychologists.
- Identify at least five defence mechanisms and provide examples of each.
- Apply the concept of self-efficacy in your own life and identify ways that self-efficacy can be changed.
- Identify five dimensions psychologists believe are important for measuring personality.
- Explain at least three psychometric properties of a personality test.
- Compare objective and projective personality tests.
- Explore how four different personality theories may explain a simple case study.
- Freud, the psychodynamic perspective, and Neo-Freudians
- Defining and assessing personality
- Humanistic and learning approaches
- Trait theories and biological influences
- Culture and gender
Issued on 31st July 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: