Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
On this course, learners discovered how and why people program computers. Using an introductory block-language for coding, they discovered the kinds of problems that computers can help solve, explored different types of coding languages and discovered a variety of useful applications of code. At the end of the course, learners implemented the key principles learnt with their own coding project.
2 weeks, 2 hours per week
- Summarise key developments in the advent of computer technology.
- Identify where algorithms are used in the real world.
- Solve basic block-language programming exercises.
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities involved in making software.
- Solve more advanced block language exercises with expressive solutions.
- Describe the features and advantages of text-based coding languages.
- Key developments in computing
- Explore what code can do
- How programming works in real life
- Writing basic code
- Solving a more complex problem with code
- Finding out what a development team does
Issued on 18th October 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: