This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
Purdue University and The Center for Science of Information
This online course served as an introduction to R for statistics. It laid the foundation for those beginning to study data science and its applications.
4 weeks, 4 hours per week
Mark Daniel Ward
Associate Professor of Statistics
- Perform an import of data into R
- Utilize vectors and vectorized functions, including some of the apply functions
- Utilize basic data structures such as data frames, strings, dates, lists, etc.
- Download, install, and use the R platform
- Import data into R and visualize data
- Use vectors and vectorized functions, including some of the tapply functions
- Manipulate data into desired formats, including cleaning and verifying data
- Predict business performance
- Make data-driven decisions about your industry
Issued on 14th March 2018
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This learner has verified their identity. For more information about how FutureLearn verifies identities, visit futurelearn.com/verification/how-it-works. The certificate and transcript do not imply the award of credit or the conferment of a qualification from Purdue University and The Center for Science of Information.
Free online course: