Weekly study4 hours
Introduction to R for Data Science
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Work with airline data to learn the fundamentals of the R platform.
We live in a data driven world. So how can we make the most of it? Have you ever wondered how data-driven decisions are made?
This course will use airline data to demonstrate key concepts involved in the analysis of big data. In this course you will learn how to use the R platform to manage data. The course serves as an introduction to the R software. It lays the foundation for anyone to begin studying data science and its applications, or to prepare learners to take more advanced courses related to data science, such as machine learning and computational statistics.
- Download, install, and use the R platform
- Import data into R and visualize data
- Use vectors and vectorized functions, including some of the tapply functions
- Manipulate data into desired formats, including cleaning and verifying data
- Predict business performance
- Make data-driven decisions about your industry
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Perform an import of data into R
- Utilize vectors and vectorized functions, including some of the apply functions
- Utilize basic data structures such as data frames, strings, dates, lists, etc.
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who is interested in discovering more about data. Beginners in using R are welcome. Prior experience is not required.
What software or tools do you need?
You will need to download, install, and use the R platform. A desktop or laptop computer is also needed to take this course as opposed to a mobile device.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.