Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
User experience, known as UX, makes a huge difference to whether a digital product or project succeeds. This course described what UX is and the impact it can have on a business. It explored the foundations of UX design and the design process: design, develop and release. Information architecture was explained in addition to the different UX techniques you can use to test and develop your designs, so that they’re ready to release to the market.
3 weeks, 2 hours per week
Managing Director for UKI Responsible Business & Citizenship
- Describe what user experience (UX) is and why it is important
- Explain the foundations of UX design and the impact it can have on your business
- Identify the key approach, attitude and process elements which are necessary for UX design
- Describe the ‘design’, ‘develop’ and ‘release’ stage of the UX process and what ‘user journeys’ are
- Identify the concepts of information architecture and the importance of good structure for usability
- Identify the concepts and explain reasons for creating prototypes
- Explain the how and why of drawing wireframes, the importance of low-to-high detail and the benefits of interactive prototypes
Week 1: Why is user experience important?
- The foundations of UX design
- What is ‘good usability’?
Week 2: User experience basics
- The importance of user research
- User journeys
- Visual design
- Structuring your site
- Wireframes and interactive prototypes
Week 3: Tools and testing
- Types of user testing
- Interaction design
- The importance of analysing data
In association with
Issued on 7th February 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: