Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course covered: An Introduction to Psychological First Aid; Psychological Impact of emergencies such as COVID-19; The key principles of Psychological First Aid: Prepare, Look, Listen, Link; How to support yourself and colleagues; Case scenarios. It was designed to encourage active listening, making plans, connecting with others, being aware of cultural preferences and needs, and the importance of accurate information during the pandemic and where to access it.
3 weeks, 2 hours per week
Dr Alice Walker
Mental Health Research Fellow for the UK-Public Health Rapid Support Team
UK Health Security Agency
- Demonstrate an understanding of what Psychological First Aid is.
- Identify for whom it is suited and how to help them.
- Identify how to better support yourself and peers in such crises.
- Engage with further reading into psychosocial support during emergencies.
- Being a good listener.
- Understanding the importance of accurate information during the pandemic and where to access it.
- Having the ability to encourage active coping by, for instance, helping people make plans.
- Encouraging and helping people to connect to others (in line with current regulations).
- Being aware of people’s cultural preferences and needs.
Issued on 7th May 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: