Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course introduced learners to the importance of their online presence and the implications it can have. Through exercises and discussion they learned how to assess and enhance their online identities.
2 weeks, 2 hours per week
Director of the Leeds Institute for Teaching Excellence and Innovation
University of Leeds
- Assess your current confidence level in managing your identity online.
- Reflect on your current approach to managing your identity online and discuss with other learners.
- Explain how an individual’s actions online can have both positive and negative consequences in the real world.
- Produce and share your own code of practice for your online presence.
- Research and reflect on the power of social media and identify examples of people who are using the tool to raise awareness of projects.
- Explore the tools available to create your online presence.
- Critically assess your online identity and identify strategies to create or enhance it. Produce a digital asset to enhance a specific area of an online identity.
- Assess your knowledge by participating in the end of course test.
- Evaluating your current approach to managing your online identity
- Your online presence: defining how you want to appear and what you want to advertise
- Defining and applying a personal code of practice for online communication
- Building your profile: creating and promoting content, and crediting the work of others
- Your billboard: boosting your online identity using social media tools
Issued on 14th February 2017
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This learner has not verified their identity. The certificate and transcript do not imply the award of credit or the conferment of a qualification from University of Leeds.
Free online course: