Duration 2 weeks
Weekly study 2 hours
Extra benefits From $39 Find out more
Learn to manage your online identity and share information safely
First impressions matter, and nowadays lots of first impressions are made online.
So how can you make the most out of your online identity when you are looking for employment, learning online, participating in online activism or socialising?
On this course, you’ll learn practical ways to manage your online identity and how to present yourself when searching for a job, promoting yourself or following your interests.
As our online and offline lives are increasingly interconnected, it’s vital to explore strategies to protect your identity and reflect on how your online behaviour can affect you both on and offline.
What topics will you cover?
- The importance of maintaining and considering your online presence.
- Reflecting on what you wish to optimise about your online presence.
- Positive use of social media for causes and campaigning.
- Using your profile to improve your employability.
- Strategies to improve your online profile for different purposes.
- The risks of posting and sharing online.
- The impacts of comments and shares.
- Good practice when interacting online.
- Security settings and how they function.
- The importance of copyright.
- Looking after your mental health online.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Available nowThis course started 27 Jan 2020
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for anyone interested in learning how to manage and optimise their online identity in a say safe way and will be particularly useful for students in high schools.
This course and the other courses in the Learning Online series provide an excellent foundation for studying the Going to University courses.
The Going to University course collection are created specifically for high school students as well as their teachers who can use these courses as classroom enrichment resources.
Who will you learn with?
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLidentityOnline to talk about this course on social media.