This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored the concepts of functional programming using the Haskell language. The course covered standard functional programming techniques, as well as some advanced concepts, which were applied to realistic programming problems.
6 weeks, 4 hours per week
Senior Lecturer in Computing Science
University of Glasgow
Lecturer in Computing Science
University of Glasgow
- Develop simple programs involving basic Haskell techniques, including pure function definitions
- Produce definitions of algebraic data types and apply recursion to define functions that traverse such types
- Interpret data structures and function interfaces using types
- Apply formal methods to prove properties of functional programs
- Develop, modify, and explore code using standard Haskell platform tools
- Justify why a program uses common standard monads (including IO and Maybe)
- Explore standard combinators for operating on lists
- Evaluation via expression reduction
- Semantics of function abstraction and application
- Operations involving basic types including integers, characters and booleans
- Definition and traversal of recursive data types including lists and trees
- Techniques for structuring programs of non-trivial size
- Developing custom parsing tools with library support
- Automated testing with the QuickCheck tool
- Infinite data structures and lazy evaluation
- Type classes
- Principles of Lambda calculus
Issued on 27th October 2017
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This learner has verified their identity. For more information about how FutureLearn verifies identities, visit futurelearn.com/verification/how-it-works. The certificate and transcript do not imply the award of credit or the conferment of a qualification from University of Glasgow.
Free online course: