This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course introduced learners to the importance of defining a vision and exploring opportunities when starting a business. The course provided time to plan, share ideas with others and start to document thoughts in a structured business plan.
2 weeks, 2 hours per week
Professor of Enterprise
University of Leeds
average test score
- Assess the entrepreneurial cycle which underpins the course.
- Explore the scope for discovering or creating business opportunities.
- Investigate businesses in your local area.
- Discuss the entrepreneur’s business challenge: Which business should I start and how?
- Evaluate and assess a business idea.
- Produce a business plan within 200 words.
- Investigate the vision and opportunities for a business plan.
- The entrepreneurial learning cycle
- The opportunity business model: the importance of sharing your vision
- Vision and opportunity in successful businesses
- Writing a core value proposition
- Introduction to writing a robust business plan.
Issued on 2nd December 2016
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This learner has verified their identity. For more information about how FutureLearn verifies identities, visit futurelearn.com/verification/how-it-works. The certificate and transcript do not imply the award of credit or the conferment of a qualification from University of Leeds.
Free online course: